The City of Winnebago has two great parks for you to enjoy.
West City Park
West City Park is home to many events. With the Municipal Swimming Pool, two picnic shelters, a gazebo, basketball courts, softball field, and playground equipment this is the largest city maintained park.
The picnic shelters can be reserved by call city hall at 893-3217.
With a new picnic shelter built in 2011, volleyball courts, a gazebo, and playground equipment, this park invites community members and people passing through to stop and enjoy a small part of what Winnebago has to offer. Conveniently located next to the Municipal Center and across the street from Casey's General Store, this park is a great location for your next event. The picnic shelter can be reserved by calling 893-3217.
We have 9 sites for Recreational Vehicle camping equiped with Water, Sewer and Electric(20/30/50).
The address is 541 4th St SE, please enter on the 3rd St side. Open May through September. Earlier open or later close is possible depending on weather.
Winnebago Municipal Campground Rules and Regulations
Campground Street Address - 541 4th St SE
Non-emergency phone number (507) 893-3217
In emergency – Dial 911
- Pick up a registration form and drop off payments at the Municipal Center – 140 Main St South – Entryway is open 24-7 and there is a payment drop box in the wall.
- Registration fee is $20 per night.
- Non-payment will result in eviction.
- Only Recreational Vehicles with built-in Bathroom facilities are allowed. No tents.
- Quiet time is 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Please keep noise to a minimum.
- Dispose of trash in the receptacle provided. Littering is punishable by a fine up to $750.
- All City Ordinances are in effect.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times and owners are responsible to clean up after them.
- Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed in the park between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- NO glass beverage containers are allowed in the park.
- Vehicles or camping units left unattended for more than 48 hours will be ticketed and towed.
- Small campfires are allowed but visitors must attend carefully to their fires and fully extinguish them before leaving. Fire rings should not be moved. You may bring fire wood into the park for your own use as long as it originated in Blue Earth, Faribault or Martin Counties. FIRE WOOD FROM OUTSIDE A BORDERING COUNTY IS PROHIBITED FROM BEING BROUGHT INTO THE PARK.
The Winnebago Pool is an outdoor pool operated by the City of Winnebago and located in West City Park. The pool includes a diving board, waterslide, wading pool, concession stand, picnic tables and additional shaded seating. Swimming lessons as well as adult water aerobics are available. All employees are Red Cross Certified Lifeguards. The pool is handicap accessible.
The first day the swimming pool will be open for the 2016 season is Saturday June 4th.
Family (Parents & Siblings) - $85
Adult - $60
Student - $50
Adult (10 punches) - $35
Student (10 punches) - $25
Adult (18 years and older) $4
Student (17 years & under) $3
Preschool (age 4 and under)
accompanied by an adult – FREE
Monday-Thursday – 1:00-5:30pm & 6:30-8:20pm
Friday – 2:00-5:30pm & 6:30-8:20pm
Saturday & Sunday – 12noon-8:20pm
Monday-Thursday – 12:00-1:00pm
Monday-Friday – 5:30-6:30pm
Aquasize for all Ages
Monday-Thursday – 12:00-12:50pm
Monday-Thursday – 5:30-6:30pm
$4 for adult, $3 for students
On Fridays, Ladies Brunch sponsors a noon lunch and swim from 12:00-2:00pm at the pool. Lunch is $2 and swimming is an additional $4 unless you have a season ticket. Call Millie Hanson or Evelyn Krause for more information. Rain or shine – they always dine.
Winnebago Pool Swimming Lessons
Red Cross Lessons will be held on the following dates and times. Cost is $25 and must be paid prior to the first day of lessons. Limit 10 per class (Little Squirts class is limited to 5 per class).
Registration for swimming lessons will be June 2 and 3 from 3-6pm at the Swimming Pool.
Session 1 – June 20th - July 1st
Section A: Monday-Friday, 10:00-10:50am - Levels 1, 2, 3, & 5
Section B: Monday-Friday, 11:00-11:50am - Levels S, 3, 4, & 6
Session 2 – July 5th - July 15
Section C: Monday-Friday, 10:00 -10:50am - Levels 1, 3, 4, & 6
Section D: Monday-Friday, 11:00-11:50am - Levels S, 2, 4, & 5
Session 3 – July 18 - July 29
Section E: Monday-Friday, 10:00-10:50am - Levels 1, 2, 3, & 5
Section F: Monday-Friday, 11:00-11:50am - Levels S, 2, 4, & 6
Little Squirts (S) = Preschool age 4 & 5 years
Level 1 = Introduction to Water Skills
Level 2 = Fundamental Aquatic Skills
Level 3 = Stroke Development
Level 4 = Stroke Improvement
Level 5 = Stroke Refinement
Level 6 = Fitness Swimmer, Personal Water Safety, Lifeguard Readiness and Fundamentals of Diving
The pool is available for rent during non-swimming hours. Please contact City Hall at 893-3217.