Parks, Pool & Campground
The City of Winnebago has two great parks for you to enjoy a campground and a community swimming pool! Please see information below on how you can enjoy the facilities the City of Winnebago has to offer.
West City Park
West City Park is home to many events. With the Municipal Swimming Pool, two picnic shelters, a gazebo, basketball courts, softball field, and playground equipment this is the largest city maintained park.
The picnic shelters can be reserved by call city hall at 893-3217.
With a picnic shelter, volleyball courts, and a gazebo, this park invites community members and people passing through to stop and enjoy a small part of what Winnebago has to offer. Conveniently located next to the Municipal Center and across the street from Casey's General Store, this park is a great location for your next event. New playground equipment scheduled to be constructed June 2021.
The picnic shelter can be reserved by calling 893-3217.
We have 17 sites for Recreational Vehicle camping equiped with Water, Sewer and Electric(20/30/50).
The address is 541 4th St SE, please enter on the 3rd St side. Open May through September. Earlier open or later close is possible depending on weather.
Winnebago Municipal Campground Rules and Regulations
Campground Street Address - 541 4th St SE
Non-emergency phone number (507) 893-3217
In Emergency Dial 911
- Pick up a registration form and drop off payments at the Municipal Center 140 Main St South Entryway is open 24-7 and there is a payment drop box in the wall.
- Registration fee is $20 per night.
- Non-payment will result in eviction.
- Only Recreational Vehicles with built-in Bathroom facilities are allowed. No tents.
- Quiet time is 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Please keep noise to a minimum.
- Dispose of trash in the receptacle provided. Littering is punishable by a fine up to $750.
- All City Ordinances are in effect.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times and owners are responsible to clean up after them.
- Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed in the park between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- NO glass beverage containers are allowed in the park.
- Vehicles or camping units left unattended for more than 48 hours will be ticketed and towed.
- Small campfires are allowed but visitors must attend carefully to their fires and fully extinguish them before leaving. Fire rings should not be moved. You may bring fire wood into the park for your own use as long as it originated in Blue Earth, Faribault or Martin Counties. FIRE WOOD FROM OUTSIDE A BORDERING COUNTY IS PROHIBITED FROM BEING BROUGHT INTO THE PARK.
The Winnebago Pool is an outdoor pool operated by the City of Winnebago and located in West City Park. The pool includes a diving board, waterslide, wading pool, concession stand, picnic tables and additional shaded seating. Swimming lessons as well as adult water aerobics are available. All employees are Red Cross Certified Lifeguards. The pool is handicap accessible.
The first day the swimming pool will be open for the 2021 season is Monday June 7th (Weather Dependent). See guide below for pool hours, swimming lessons and other pool information. The last day of the 2021 Swimming season is August 15th.
2021 Pool Ad
Little Squirts (S) = Preschool age 4 & 5 years
Level 1 = Introduction to Water Skills
Level 2 = Fundamental Aquatic Skills
Level 3 = Stroke Development
Level 4 = Stroke Improvement
Level 5 = Stroke Refinement
Level 6 = Fitness Swimmer, Personal Water Safety, Lifeguard Readiness and Fundamentals of Diving
The pool is available for rent during non-swimming hours. Please contact City Hall at 893-3217.